*What:* Boating 101
- This is is an opportunity to boat on a fun relatively straightforward
Class III section of the North Santiam River with other club members of
varying skills and abilities. There will be opportunities to row and
paddle in rafts, row catarafts and paddle in an IK. If you've never guided
a paddle boat this may be a great opportunity to try your hand at it.
- There will be plenty of experienced boaters on the trip that are
always willing to share tips on safety, reading water, and general boating
*Trip Leader:* Matt Saucy
*When:* Saturday, May 9th and Sunday, May 10th
- Rig boats and Shuttle 8:30-10
- Safety and concepts 10-11
- Launch 11
*Where:* North Santiam River
- Put-in: Packsaddle Park
- Take-out: Fishermen's Bend Park
- Camping Saturday night: Fishermen's Bend Park (Group site paid for by
*Trip Size:* Unlimited
Please shoot Matt and Steve an email to let us know if you will be attending,
if you will be bringing a boat and if you plan to stay the night at
Fishermen's Bend so we have a general head count.
Lunch on the river and all meals are on your own.
We look forward to seeing you on the river!