Sign Up for the Oregon Whitewater Association
You are about to join Oregon's Premier Whitewater Rafting Club. Here are a few things you should know about the sign-up process.
- The newsletters are email to all of our members each month, so we need your email address for that. Your email address will absolutely not be used in any way other than for OWA club communication. It won't be given or sold to anyone. We hate getting spam probably more than you do.
- All OWA club memberships expire on December 31 of their expiration year.
- After you fill out your name, email, address and phone information, the next screen will give you one payment option of $28 for the current calendar year.
- The registration process will not be completed until payment is made through PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account set up, you can easily pay with a credit or debit card.
All online payments are done through PayPal. You can pay your club dues with your PayPal account or any major debit/credit card. During the payment process you will be redirected to the PayPal site where you will make your payment, then back to the OWA site when the payment process is complete.
If you have any questions, please ask. We don't want to make this confusing and it makes managing the membership list a whole lot easier if everyone's dues expire at the same time.
Steps to Sign Up for Oregon Whitewater Association
- The first thing you need to do is create a user account on this website. Create the account for the primary household member and you will have an opportunity to add one more household member to the membership later in the process. A link to the register page is at the bottom of this page.
- There are three checkboxes to note on the register form. The first two relate to emails you will receive from the OWA. The H20Addicts email list is a mailing list that any club member can send an email to and all other club members. This is a great way for club members to communicate with each other and announce trips they are looking for more people to join them on. The second email check box is for Club emails. This is how the monthly newsletter is sent out and other general club announcements. For the most part, OWA sends about one email per month when the newsletter is sent out but on occasion we send a few more emails out through that list. By default, both of these checkboxes are checked and by signing up you will start to automatically receive these emails.
- The third check box you will need to check is the Liability Waiver agreement. By default this box is unchecked and you will need to check it to create the account. The liability waiver is below on this page - please be sure to read it.
- When you have created a user account, you will need to sign in and pay for the membership. OWA takes online payments using PayPal as the payment gateway. All of your payment information is stored on the PayPal servers and nothing related to your payment is stored on the OWA server except for the confirmation of payment, which you will get a copy of too.
When you join the OWA, it is a household membership. Any information given below will be included in the Oregon Whitewater Association Club Directory which is published online and all users will have access to it. It is located in a portion of the database that you must be logged in to see and all email address are protected from spam bots.
By signing up to be a member of the Oregon Whitewater Association, you agree with the following:
I hereby state that I wish to participate in courses and/or activities offered by Oregon Whitewater Association (OWA) a non-profit corporation. I recognize that any outdoor or aquatic activity may involve certain dangers including, but not limited to, the hazards of traveling by boat on rivers or other bodies of water, accidents, or illnesses in remote places or occurring during portages, forces of nature, and the actions of participants and other persons. I further understand and agree that without some program providing protection of its assets and its leaders, officers, and members, OWA would not be able to offer its courses and activities.
In consideration of and as part of my payment for the right to participate in the activities offered by OWA, I hereby release OWA and its leaders, officers, and members from any and all liability, claims and courses of action arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in any activities offered by OWA. I personally assume all risks in connection with these activities, and further agree to indemnify OWA and its leaders, officers, and members from all liability, claims, and courses of action which I may have arising from my participation in activities including, but not limited to those involving death, drowning, personal injury, and property damage. The terms of this agreement shall serve as a release and indemnity agreement for my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and for all members of my family including any minors. [Parent or legal guardian must sign for all persons under eighteen (18) years of age.] This agreement is effective as of the date signed, and has no termination date. Clicking the 'signature' boxes below is equivalent to executing your signature on a paper document. I have fully informed myself of the contents of this release and indemnity agreement by reading it before I have signed it.
All participating adult members of the household (age 18+) must sign. Guardians must sign for minors.
Links Required to Sign Up for Oregon Whitewater Association
- Register for website: Go to the Register page to create your account on the website. This will open a new window. During the website registration process, the website will send you an email from which contains a link that you must click on to verify your email address with the site. You will not be able to purchase the membership until you receive this email and click on the verification link. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder in case it went in there. If you still can't find it, send an email to or and we can help you create your account.
- Click the Add to Cart button below to pay for your first year's OWA club membership. If you haven't already logged in, the purchase process will route you through the login process where you will log into the website using your newly created website account.
- At some point, you will receive a welcome email from the Membership Director and be added to the email lists. These are manual processes and we are a volunteer organization so it may or may not happen immediately, but it will definately happen before the next newsletter is sent out.